Weapons offences are taken very seriously in Ontario and throughout Canada. Conviction on some weapons charges can result in a mandatory three-year jail sentence. If you are charged with a weapons offence, you need a criminal defence lawyer who understands the laws and can effectively defend you against these charges.
Southern Ontario Gun Charges Lawyers
We understand how these charges can affect a person’s life, and we will work diligently to ensure that you do not lose your freedom or your rights due to a simple mistake or misunderstanding. There are many different types of weapons offences, such as:
- Careless storage of a weapon
- Prohibited possession of a weapon
- Possession of loaded firearm
- Prohibited firearm
- Restricted weapon
- Restricted ammunition
- Careless use of a weapon
- Pointing a firearm
- Use of a weapon during assault
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Concealing a weapon
- Drug offences involving weapons
The police are taking ever harsher action in weapons offence cases. The consequences of such allegations can be extremely severe. That is why it is important to seek legal help right away in case of such offence charges. Firearm & Weapons Offence Lawyer Hamilton is always available to assist you with anything needed. Our entire team is dedicated to providing excellent legal services to all those with allegations in this particular field of law.
Our criminal attorneys possess exceptional skills mastered over the years. We have litigated various firearm and weapons offence cases in our practice. This wealthy and diverse experience is one of our strongest sides. At the same time, we are well familiar with the latest developments in the field including the work of the Gun and Gang task force. This allows us to be highly flexible and well prepared for each cases. When this is combined with a strictly individual approach, all factors for achieving the desired result are present. Our high achievements present our abilities and skills in the best possible way.
Both the Criminal Code of Canada and the Firearms Act define a range of offences in this particular field including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous person, tempering with a serial number and assault with a weapon. A weapon can be any object designed, used or intended to be used for causing injury or death or for threatening and intimidating a person. There are different types of penalties for the different offences in case of conviction, but they are all very serious. Given the gravity of the situation, it is important for you to turn to Firearm & Weapons Offence Lawyer Hamilton without wasting time. You will receive consultation as quickly as possible. One of our specialized lawyers will give you an overview of your situation and present the different options. You will have all the advice needed for making a choice.
With us, you will receive legal representation at all stages of the legal process no matter how long or complex it may be. At bail hearings, our core goal is to secure the release of our client at the most bearable terms. After this, your counselor and the support specialists who work on your case will build the strategy for your defence. The work begins with investigating the case in depth. The situation is analyzed for selecting the best legal instruments that will be used. The strategy will include different tactics for overcoming various types of obstacles that may arise.
Help Us Help You
Regardless of what we do, our advice to you will usually include the following:
- Don’t talk to the police: Since many people aren’t aware of the details of weapons laws, they may make incriminating statements about their weapons without realizing they’re doing so. Have a lawyer present when you talk to police.
- Don’t panic: Just because there is a weapons charge against you doesn’t mean that it’s going to stick. It may be used as a bargaining chip, to get you to plead to other charges out of fear of the weapons charge.
- Know your rights: Many of our clients are unaware that they are in violation of the law with regard to weapons. Others are unaware that there are defences available to their weapons charge. Weapons law is currently in a state of rapid change, and it may be difficult for most people to keep up with what those changes may mean to them.
Hiring an experienced lawyer as soon as possible is important when facing an offence related to guns or another type of weapon.